- Not all homeschoolers are total geeks.
- Not all homeschoolers wear denim skirts and hair coverings for their knee-length locks.
- Not all homeschoolers are incredibly smart (though they do have a better education than a majority of publicly schooled kids. And, according to the NHERI, homeschooled students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.
- We aren't all menenite or omish. Homeschooling is done by many christian families (such as mine) and many more, er, "free spirited" people. (imagine flowers, peace signs, bell bottoms.)
- Homeschoolers can be cool or famous. For example, Charles Chaplin (Actor), Tamara McKinney (World Cup Skier), Sally Ride (Astronaut), Jim Ryan (World Runner), along with various celebrities that have decided to homeschool their kids.
With that out of the way, here is another list of events in a homeschool family life that could be turned into a field trip:
- The doctor's office
- The birth of the 10th child
- The movies
- The swimming pool
- Foreign countries
- The grochery store
So, for the public schoolers out there, this is what its like to be homeschooled. In two words: Field Trips.