Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Photo Inspiration: Ballet

Sitting here at the wet windowpane and watching the rainy forest, I've been considering what inspires me. People, clouds, rain, eyes, art, light, etc. One thing that really inspires me, without fail, is dance. In particular, pointe ballet. I was in ballet for several years and while I was waiting to be picked up after class, I'd sit at the window of a classroom and watch the older students learn pointe. I admired the elegance, the beauty, the frustration of learning pointe; its an art that requires sacrifice to perfect. Personally, I think that pointe is a major art form right up their with oil painting, sculpture, and charcoals. This is one of my inspirations: 
"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking." ~Agnes De Mille

"Dancers aren't made of their technique, but their passion."

"Dancers are the athletes of God." ~Albert Einstein

"Why do I dance?.....Why do I breathe?" ~anonymous

Dance is a little insanity that does us all a lot of good." -Edward Demby 

"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams."

"Dance can give the inarticulate a voice."~Pamela Brown 

"Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order."~Samuel Beckett 

Classical ballet will never die.
Ninette de Valois

Dancing is a way of life.

Thousands of emotions well up inside me through out the day. They are released when I dance. *Abraham Lincoln* 

Dancers are the athletes of God." ~Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment